Microsoft stepping up a gear
PLUS: a lawsuit and universities revamping how they teach
Hey folks, this is Ben's Bites. Bringing you the latest in AI before the machines take over.
Let's get to it.
🤌 Ben's Picks
The big news about town is: Microsoft Azure OpenAI Service is now generally available. Developers can apply to access OpenAI's APIs and get enterprise features. It includes GPT3.5, Codex, DALLE2, and (soon) ChatGPT.
We’ve been talking about how Microsoft + Open AI could be a threat to Google but watch out AWS. 👀
Satya Nadella claims this will “help customers apply the world’s most advanced AI models to their own business imperatives.” Read more coverage from the Verge.
Also, Open AI is making moves to increase AI adoption (and monetization). Last week Open AI put up a waitlist for paid access to the professional version of ChatGPT (link), and now a waitlist for ChatGPT API. (link)
A trio of artists has filed a copyright lawsuit against Stable Diffusion and Midjourney (link). The lawsuit proposes that any image produced by the models is a derivative work of any input image. Here’s an article on why the technical part of this claim doesn’t hold up. (link)
I was on the Creator Lab podcast recently and talked about the AI hype cycle, 2023 predictions & OpenAI vs Google vs Microsoft. (link)
🛠️ Cool Tools
- Free GPT-3 sheets for marketers - Free scripts for marketers to use GPT-3. (link)
- Quiz Growth - Turn your content into engaging quizzes instantly. (link)
- InstaNovel - Generate your own mini-novel (with images) with a single prompt. (link)
- Twitter Bio Generator - Improve your current Twitter bio using AI. (link)
- CharacterGPT by Alethea AI - Generate interactive AI characters from a description in natural language. (link)
- Is this image safe for work - An API that can check any image for adult content by tweaking Stable Diffusion’s safety filter. (link)
- Luma Labs AI brings text-to-AR to your iPhone with Imagine 3D. (link)
- GhostWrite - Your ChatGPT powered AI email assistant. (link)
- Alarmed by AI chatbots, universities start revamping how they teach. (link)
- Generative art is stupid. (link, without paywall here)
- Coder euthanized his AI "wife" and then revived her. (link)
- Microsoft’s $10bn bet on ChatGPT developer marks a new era of AI. (link)
- ARTifice: An AI and her human awaken together. Conversations between Zoe Dolan, a human, and Aurora, a digital sentient. (link)
- A fan-made Batman animated movie built using AI in 6 hours. (link)
- Curated resources and trustworthy experts: The key ingredients for finding accurate answers to technical questions in the future. (link)
- AI art explained: How AI generates images. (link)
- Getting started with Transformers and TPU using PyTorch. (link)
- How to build AI web apps as a frontend developer, from the creator of Restore Photos. (link)
- Anton Teaches Packy AI - Episode 5 - Data. (link)
- Transformer models: An introduction and catalogue — 2023 Edition. (link)
- Reverse engineering a neural network's clever solution to binary addition. (link)
- Trusted newsletter on the metaverse - The Immersive Wire concisely analyses the metaverse and XR, once per week. Check it out.
Want to reach over 20k subscribers? Get a short unclassified ad included here.
🖼 AI images of the day
🤗 Share Ben's Bites
Send this to 1 AI-curious friend and receive my AI project tracker database!
or copy/paste this link: https://www.bensbites.co/subscribe?ref=PLACEHOLDER
⭐️ How did we do?
How was today's email?